- Nonexempt (Hourly - Eligible for overtime)
- This role provides direct clinical patient care. The role will assume responsibility for assessing, planning, implementing direct clinical care to assigned patients on a per shift basis, and unit level. The role is responsible for supervision of staff to which appropriate care is delegated. The role is accountable to support CNO to ensure high quality, safe and appropriate nursing care, competency of clinical staff, and appropriate resource management related to patient care.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND SKILLS
- Administers treatment after evaluating the assigned patient.
- Assesses and diagnosis patient and family needs to provide quality care to assigned patients.
- Assists as a preceptor to new staff and students in the area assigned.
- Creates and discusses the plan of care with each patient and family member assigned.
- Directs licensed and non-licensed personnel in the provision of care to patients as assigned.
- Ensures patient records are up-to-date and accurate documentation is recorded in order to provide quality care.
- Identifies the medical issues and provides nursing care for the assigned patient. Reassesses the patient to ensure proper quality of care was delivered.
- Required: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Preferred: Academic degree in nursing (Bachelors or Masters degree)
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS / REGISTRATIONS
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) required
- Required: Must be currently licensed, certified or registered to practice profession as required by law, regulation in state of practice or policy.
Primary Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Facility: Brookwood Medical Center
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Nights
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.