RN Hospice Full Time Days Servicing Whitewater to Coachella
Under general supervision, this position is assigned to provide skilled nursing care to patients in their homes, following the orders of the attending physician, and to function as a member of the interdisciplinary team.
1. Maintain established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality improvement program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
2. Evaluate and assess the patient and his/her home environment.
3. Communicate with the physician and other team members in order to develop and coordinate the care plan and to report any changes in the patient's condition.
4. Assist in implementing the patient's care plan.
5. Maintain current, accurate documentation in the client's medical record.
6. Maintain health care instruction to the patient as appropriate.
7. Assess patient's pain and obtain appropriate orders for symptom control.
8. Serve as the liaison between the patient, support staff and physician.
9. Enhance professional growth and development through participation in education programs, current literature, inservice meetings and workshops pertaining to home care and hospice care.
10. Attend required number of departmental meetings per year.
11. Direct and supervise home health aides.
12. Demonstrates sensitivity and competence in the care of the ill and/or dying adolescent, adult, geriatric and pediatric patients relative to determining each patient's age related physical, psychological and cultural needs.
• Associate Degree in Nursing or Diploma in Nursing from an accredited school.
• 1 year of experience as an RN in an institutional setting
• CPR Certification
• California RN license
• Valid CA Driver's license
• Current automobile insurance.
• Courses in Home Health and/or Hospice
• Public Health Nurse Training
• Prior supervisory experience of Aides preferred
• Knowledge of use of Personal Computer
Job: Case Management/Home Health
Primary Location: Joshua Tree, California
Facility: Hi-Desert Home Health & Hospice
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.