Coordinates implements and evaluates clinical research trials, studies and projects. Provides direction in the development of research protocols. Recruits and screens potential study participants, and develops and conducts patient and family education accordingly. Oversees financial accounts to ensure operations remain within approved levels. Performs patient evaluations, administers medications and research instruments and provides nursing support to perform specialized diagnostic, therapeutic and surgical procedures. Makes referrals to in-house or community professionals and serves as clinical resource. Collects data, assists in developing data collection systems and compiles reports. May provide infusion duties. Assists in writing research grants, publications in medical and nursing literature, study materials, brochures and correspondence. Provides direction and may supervise other Research Nurses or other support members. Performs related responsibilities as required. Employees in this classification may be required to work with, take specific precautions against and/or be immunized against potentially hazardous agents.
Additional Job Details:
- Coordinate assigned clinical trial duties. Will be assigned as Lead Coordinator for Peds ID trials as they open. The CRN II will develop study documents as prescribed by the protocol, and train all staff about the study and their respective roles. Will be the primary point of contact for the sponsor, monitors, IRB and physician investigator.
- Complete data entry and maintain organized files. Collect samples per protocol.
- Maintain/confirm Regulatory files
- Stay current with professional and study specific trainings
- Collaborate with team on other trials. Will be trained and able to conduct study visits on all Peds ID trials.
- Attend weekly team meetings and actively work with the team.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Georgia and three years of related nursing experience. Must be credentialed through Emory Healthcare under the category of RN II.