- This role provides leadership and support to the senior executive position (CNO) responsible for all nursing and other designated patient care functions/services within the hospital organization. The role will assume responsibility for assisting in assessing, planning, coordinating, implementing and evaluating nursing practice on a unit level. Role assumes 24/7 responsibility of Manager's assigned areas. The role is accountable to support CNO to ensure high quality, safe and appropriate nursing care, competency of clinical staff, and appropriate resource management related to patient care.
CORE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES AND SKILLS
- Monitors/maintains unit compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy for patient services and environmental and personnel safety.
- Oversees unit PI program, monitors and evaluates critical aspects of care.
- Promotes a positive image of professional nursing and services as a role model to staff.
- Trains, disciplines, assigns, manages, reviews and evaluates assigned employees.
- Utilizes appropriate resources within the institution to provide consultation, education, technical or informational services as needed for self, staff and patients.
- Required: Academic degree in nursing required (Bachelors or Masters degree).
- Required: 2 Years of progressive management experience in a hospital environment as a manager or full time charge nurse/related position.
- Preferred: Masters degree in Nursing or related field (Health Administration, Business, Public Health, or management).
- WOCN Required
- Inpatient and outpatient Wound Care Experience Preferred.
Job: Managers and Directors
Primary Location: Birmingham, Alabama
Facility: Brookwood Medical Center
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.