The Behavioral Health Intake Admissions Nurse is a licensed position providing Nursing interventions, assessments, Intake/Crisis Evaluations, diagnosis, prognosis, counseling, and psychotherapeutic interventions.
- CA RN license
- CPR for Healthcare Providers
- Behavioral management training as mandated by the hospital.
- 1+ year(s) inpatient experience as a Psychiatric Nurse with BSN or new graduate with BSN degree with successful completion of New Grad program or minimum two years of inpatient experience as a Psychiatric Nurse with ADN.
- Ability to deal with people who may be combative.
- Knowledge of psychodynamic principles and fundamentals of psychotherapy.
- Knowledge of basic diagnostic categories of mental illness.
- Knowledge of psychopharmacology and disease entitiesincluding interventions, as well as nursing skills and procedures.
Primary Location: Modesto, California
Facility: Doctors Medical Center of Modesto
Job Type: PT2Y
Shift Type: Rotate
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.