Under the direction of the Department Director and/or Charge Nurse, provides direct and/or indirect, safe and effective professional nursing care. Assumes responsibility for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating health care needs of all patients assigned. Provides nursing care to a patient population ranging from infant to geriatric, unless otherwise indicated. Works collaboratively with the health care team, is customer focused and strives to meet unit and hospital goals. Provides quality nursing care according to established practice standards and guidelines for the area(s) assigned. Must be willing/able to float to other (comparable) nursing units, as requested/needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Knowledge of general nursing theories and practice
• Previous ED experience preferred
• Must have management and teaching ability
• Must be able to effectively motivate and supervise others.
• Must be able to utilize initiative and independent action when required within the scope of professional nursing practice
• Must be able to utilize good judgment in evaluating alternatives in difficult situations.
• Must be able to work with the realization that errors in receiving and transcribing order, giving medications, treatments, or performing other procedures or performing supervisory duties could have detrimental effects to the patients.
• Must have good verbal communications skills
• Must have the ability to exercise tact and diplomacy when dealing with physicians, patients and family members personnel
• Discretion is required in handling confidential information
• Must be able to work irregular schedules, weekends and holiday due to staffing and census fluctuations
• Must be able to assume the role of a Charge Nurse as needed/requested
• Must participate on the Rapid Response/Code Blue team
• Must perform all unit specific competencies
• Determines patient acuity utilizing ESI triage method
• Must be able to assess, care for, manage, evaluate and troubleshoot potential or actual life-threatening emergencies/disorders and associated equipment
• Must be able to administer and manage all critical medications
• Must demonstrate proficiency in arrhythmia detection and management
• Current unrestricted RN license in the State of South Carolina
• Successful completion of nursing service orientation program
• Attends IV Therapy training and/or demonstrates competency in intravenous therapy within one year
• Attends Skills Fair and completes yearly competency checklists
• Maintains competency and/or certification specific to departmental requirements
• Must have current BLS/ACLS/PALS certifications, TNCC preferred
• Advanced certification in speciality field and/or participation in professional organization(s) encouraged
Primary Location: Mount Pleasant, South Carolina
Facility: East Cooper Medical Center
Job Type: PT2Y
Shift Type: Nights
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.