PeaceHealth is seeking a RN – Hospice for a Per Diem/Relief, Variable position. Hourly compensation starts at $34.45, more depending on experience.
This position is responsible for providing direct skilled nursing care and coordination/management of patients admitted to hospice/clinic services using considerable judgment and skill in making patient care decisions. Utilizes the professional healthcare process of assessment, problem identification/planning/intervention and clinical/goal outcome evaluation.
* Perform initial evaluation of patient/home and apply admission criteria to determine if patient is safe candidate for home health/hospice services.n* Provide skilled nursing care to patients and skilled education/instruction to patients and caregivers according to the home health/hospice plan of treatment.n* Performs physical assessments, develops, coordinate, modifies and manages written individualized plan of care, as ordered by the primary physician, to meet patient’s long and short-term medical goals and appropriate/timely home health outcomes.n* Develops and clinically manages the Home Health Aide’s care plan according to the patient’s evolving personal are needs.n* Coordinates care, collaborates and communicates with other members of the interdisciplinary team to assure appropriate and smooth flow of care/services through the care continuum.n* Performs discharge planning appropriately towards patient specific goals/outcomes and evaluate interventions and outcomes of patient care by reviewing long and short-term goals established in the plan of care.n* Provide accurate, complete and timely clinical documentation in compliance with regulatory, quality and Agency guidelines.n* Assist with the plan and implementation of family Bereavement services for the following patient death.n* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Graduate of an accredited school of nursing required.BSN preferred.
* Minimum of one year home health or hospice nursing experience required; hospice experience preferred.n* Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply age specific principles of growth and development and life stages to meet each patient’s needs.
* Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state in which nurse will be practicing.n* Current BLS (Basic Life Support) required.n* Valid driver’s license (OR, WA or AK as applicable) and proof of auto insurance required.
* Basic computer skills including MS Office applicationsn* Well organized, flexible and able to function independentlyn* Cooperative working skills, leadership skills, and interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with a wide variety of patients, families and staff.
REGION/LOCATION SPECIFIC NOTES
Whatcom Hospice House:
* Requires Food Handler’s Permit.n* RN’s in Hospice are a part of the WSNA bargaining unit.n* One year of RN experience required not limited to home health, hospice or inpatient.n* For Hospice RN positions that will perform Charge Nurse assignments, one year of recent hospice nursing is required and previous Hospice Charge Nursing is preferred.
ST. JOSEPH – PHYSICAL/COGNITIVE REQUIREMENTS:
* Work requires active physical exertion up to 33% of the time.n* Ability to lift objects weighing over 80 lbs.n* Work requires frequent exposure to minor cold, heat, poor ventilation or sharp instruments. Reasonably anticipated exposure to blood and body fluids once per month or more.n* Duties require the ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail (more than 65% of work time).n* Provides patient care in an uncontrolled home environment; operates motor vehicle on urban and rural roadways up to 25% of each day.
This position is represented by a collective bargaining agreement. There may be more than one opening on this posting.
For full consideration of your skills and abilities, please attach a current resume with your application. EEO Affirmative Action Employer/Vets/Disabled in accordance with applicable local, state, or federal laws.