Lakewood Regional Medical Center is proud to be an integral part of the surrounding community. From orthopedics to cardiac care to urology, we've received many designations for quality care. Although we appreciate these prestigious honors, we are most honored by the opportunity to serve you and your loved ones. We're committed to finding new ways to improve and make our hospital the best place for patients, physicians and employees. We appreciate the opportunity to serve you, and we are here any time you need help.
Job Summary :
The Clinical Manager will serve as the business-focused subject matter expert on the development of the service line, including the expansion of existing services and the development of new products and services. His/her charter includes overall strategic and operations of the current bariatrics business and any new lines of services for orthopedics. This individual will have leadership responsibility for the development and implementation of the hospitals' business strategy and market positioning for new and existing product lines. He/she will also be responsible for ongoing analysis of market dynamics and market share changes, product line performance and overall tracking of business initiatives and competitive intelligence in relationship with the facility's business development manager. Other key responsibilities include translating data and analysis into realistic business strategies, business planning, budget, managed care, and partnerships.
This position will have growth and development responsibility as a whole by increasing the hospital's presence, competitiveness, and profitability in Bariatrics. He/she will assist in the development of a Bariatrics best practice model. The Clinical Manager will have responsibility for assisting in moving the organization forward in an increasingly competitive and cost sensitive environment.
Technical and Job Specific Skill:
Telephone Skills - Must demonstrate hospital telephone etiquette by answering the phones promptly, courteously and by identifying department and self.
Policy/Procedures - is aware of and follows all hospital and department policies and procedures.
Teamwork - Promotes positive co-worker relationships through teamwork and cooperation. Understands and supports the needs of individuals in other departments and promotes conflict resolution. Shares information, work knowledge and experience with co-workers, physicians, and students in a non-threatening manner. Offers assistance and promptly responds to requests.
Productivity - Maintains high productivity and performs efficiently regardless of whether the work volume is high or low. Appropriately prioritizes work activities. Responds to difficult situations with self-control and a positive attitude. Makes decisions independently and knows when to ask for assistance. Exercises good judgment and arrives at sound decisions.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop product line model and best practices.
- Identify strategic market opportunities, as well as provide marketing and branding support.
- Partner with Business Development Director on hospital and physician presentations.
- Facilitate new business development project development as the primary liaison between the hospital, physicians, and the support team.
- Maintain keen awareness of industry trends and the competition in areas of business process redesign.
- Support, promote and ensure compliance with the Process Improvement program that is performed by the departments.
- Ensure that the department complies with applicable hospital governmental, JC, professional and other regulatory standards.
- Analyze department operation on a continuing basis with recommendations and implementation of improved systems, where appropriate.
- Develop a collegial and collaborative relationship with current orthopedic surgeons and sensitivity to their issues.
- Works collaboratively with physicians.
Training and Experience:
- Current RN License
- Current BLS Provider
- Bariatric experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of three to five years of progressive leadership experience
- Position involves standing and walking for long periods of time, approximately 75% of the workday. Sitting is approximately 25%.
- Must be able to transfer and lift patients as necessary. Weight will vary from patient to patient.
- Must have the dexterity, coordination, and visual and auditory acuity to perform all job responsibilities.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Must be free from signs of illness and infections.
Job: Managers and Directors
Primary Location: Lakewood, California
Facility: Lakewood Regional Medical Center
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.