Under the Direction of the Cath Lab Director, and in conjunction with the Cath Lab Medical Director, the
Cath Lab RN - II will perform multiple duties as assigned.
• Able to rotate through Cath lab roles: scrub, monitor, circulator.
• Obtains and records initial assessment and establishes priorities according to patient age, symptoms and psychosocial needs.
• Operates hemodynamic monitoring devices effectively to ensure accurate documentation of procedures.
• Administers medications safely & accurately and reevaluates effectiveness.
• Reassesses patients systematically to identify progress and trends that require intervention.
• Develops and implements a measurable individualized plan of care for the patient within the time frame established by Nursing Standards of Care.
• Makes comprehensive nursing decisions based on the interpretation of facts and evaluations of patient outcomes; modifies the plan of care based upon the evaluations.
• Participates in patient/family health education and discharge planning.
• Implements and documents timely interventions appropriate to patient needs.
• Evaluates the plan of care.
• Ensures excellent aseptic/sterile technique in the Cardiac Cath Lab (CCL) environment.
• Performs various Point of Care testing procedures.
• Assists with various cardiovascular diagnostic & interventional procedures under the direct supervision of the Cardiologist/Internationalist.
• Utilizes effective communication strategies, which result in intended outcomes.
• Delegates unit work assignments appropriately to ensure completion of required patient care support activities.
• Coordinates team assignments and makes adjustments based upon patient and unit needs; follows up on delegated patient care tasks for quality and completeness.
• Utilizes the appropriate chain of command for resolution of difficult issues.
• Participates in orientation of new staff/students on the unit.
• Functions as a resource to visitors, physicians and staff; greeting them promptly and courteously.
• Promotes a positive work environment as evidenced by demonstrating a professional, supportive attitude for the unit staff.
• Is receptive and responsive to new ideas.
• Participates in the unit's growth and development through various mechanisms to improve organizational performance and policy and procedure.
• Collaborates by working with others to achieve unit and organizational goals.
The qualified candidate must possess current CA RN license Five years' healthcare experience and 5 years Cath Lab Scrub experience preferred. BLS and ACLS certifications required. Extensive knowledge of the care of the cardiovascular patient, cardiovascular medications, experience with Invasive Cardiovascular procedures and peripheral vascular studies. Possess the required knowledge to assist in performance of cardiovascular diagnostic and therapeutic examinations. Current knowledge and skills appropriate to age/type of patient population served. BSN and RCIS certification preferred
Primary Location: Indio, California
Facility: John F. Kennedy Memorial Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.