SCAH-Sutter Care at Home – Valley
Experienced Registered Nurse who provides skilled palliative and end of life care in the community setting in alignment with Sutter’s mission, goals and objectives. Facilitates the development of a collaborative interdisciplinary plan and ensures the overall coordination and medical management of hospice services for patients and their significant others.
- Other: Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing. or equivalent education/experience
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE
- RN-Registered Nurse of California
- BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider
- DL-California Drivers Class C
- AUTO-Automobile Insurance
- 2 years experience in an acute medical environment.
- 2 years experience in direct patient care
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Must have the ability to function independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team; ability to
- exercise independent, sound nursing judgment in planning and providing patient care.
- Exhibits knowledge of patho-physiology and accepted treatment protocols for common home care
- Knowledge of basic safety and infection control principles.
- Knowledge of state and federal home care regulatory guidelines preferred.
- Demonstrated clinical assessment skills.
- Ability to recognize the special needs of Hospice patients and others in the home.
- Ability to communicate with patients and significant others in an effective, mature, caring manner.
- Ability to maintain harmonious constructive relationships with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of palliative care for the terminally ill patient.
- Must be able to recognize unsafe or emergency situations and act appropriately.
- Must be able to meet company productivity standards as indicated by organization and manager.
- Must be able to handle sensitive issues, conflict with or among others, respectively direct and reinforce
- staff efforts; effectively plan and organize and prioritize work, think critically to both effectively plan and organize department operations and to effectively solve unique problems as they arise or identify when to consult supervisor.
- Must be able to deal with challenging work environment with time demands and occasional conflicting priorities.
- Maintain a positive and professional image and demonstrate self-directed learning to meet professional development and/or license requirements.
- Is responsible for maintaining all required licensure and certifications.
- Must have reliable transportation.
AUTO-Automobile Insurance – N/A, BLS-Basic Life Support Healthcare Provider – American Heart Association, DL-California Drivers Class C – State Department of Motor Vehicles, RN-Registered Nurse of California – California Department of Consumer Affairs
Associate’s: Nursing (Required)
Days of the Week:
Friday, Monday, Thursday, Tuesday, Wednesday
Number of Openings:
This position may regularly work, store, prepare, receive, unpack, transport, dispose of, or administer drug(s) identified as hazardous, or potentially hazardous, by the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) for purposes of USP 800.
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans.