Position Summary: Delivers advanced professional and technical nursing care to adult and geriatric patients with real or potential life threatening illnesses, in support of and in collaboration with care directed by the medical staff. Nursing care delivered complies with the objectives and policies of the hospital. Collaborates with multidisciplinary team members to provide age/developmentally appropriate care in accordance with unit standards. Performs nursing techniques for the comfort and well-being of the patient. Participates in performance improvement to maintain provision of quality care. Prepares equipment and assists physician during treatments and examinations of patients. Assists in planning, supervising, and instructing secretaries, and Nursing Assistants thereby providing care to a number of patients. Incorporates critical thinking skills into patient care. Makes comprehensive nursing decisions based on the interpretation of facts and evaluations of patient outcome; modifies the plan of care based upon the evaluations. Demonstrates a professional, supportive attitude. Provides excellent customer service. Position requires considerable walking, standing, moderate lifting, exposure to patient elements and handling of emergencies and critical patient incidents. May be needed to work beyond the regular tour of duty or in another patient care unit as assigned by department head or nursing supervisor.
Position Qualification: (Training, Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities) • Strong critical thinking skills & ability to work in a stressful fast paced environment
• Ability to respond quickly and accurately to changes in patient condition.
• Ability to work harmoniously and effectively with others
• A year experience in nursing particularly Telemetry preferred
• Clinical competence
• Basic computer knowledge
• Successful completion of Critical Course preferred
• Graduate from an approved nursing educational program as defined by the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN)
Required Licenses/Certifications: • Current Florida Registered Nurse Licensure
• Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support Certification from the American Heart Association
• Current Basic Cardiac Life Support Certification from the American Heart Association
• Basic arrhythmia skill required prior to start in the unit, or critical care experience Communication Skills: Ability to effectively communicate in writing and orally with all levels of the organization
Primary Location: Hialeah, Florida
Facility: Palmetto General Hospital
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.