The RN is evaluated based on the Benner model of clinical competence. This model recognizes the process of professional development, which moves from beginning understanding and application of nursing principles to expert practice acquired through experience and formal training. Five primary domains define nursing care at MMC: Nursing Process, Clinical Knowledge and Decision Making, Nurse Patient Relationship, Collaboration, and Leadership. It is recognized that RNs develop skills and abilities as they synthesize knowledge while moving through defined stages of learning. The evaluation is based on how the individual meets defined standards.
- Associates Degree in Nursing (ASN) required, Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN) preferred.
- Current and valid licensure as a Registered Nurse in the State of California OR must obtain prior to commencement of employment.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required upon hire
- Current Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certificate.
- Current Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certificate.
- Current Society of Gastroenterology Nurses & Associates (SGNA) preferred.
- One (1) year recent GI nursing experience or One (1) year recent Emergency Room, Intensive Care Unit, or PACU-Recovery nursing experience or Two (2) years of recent Telemetry nursing experience
- One year recent experience (within the past five years) working as a
Registered Nurse in an acute care facility highly preferred.
Successful completion of MMC’s Clinical Nurse Resident (CNR) program OR completion of a new graduate RN program within the last two years is required.
Experience working in a similar unit with comparable patient acuity preferred.
- Demonstrates in-depth knowledge of nursing process in addressing physical, psychosocial, and psychological needs of patients.
- Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of unit specific age criteria for patient population.
- Must demonstrate critical thinking skills.
- Timely completion of unit specific orientation and competencies.
- Ability to navigate and perform required electronic documentation for the job using a windows based system.
- Ability to read, write, hear and verbally communicate in English to the degree required to perform the job.
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours:8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled:Varied Days
Weekend Requirements: Other
Schedule: Full Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period:72
Applications Accepted:All Applications Accepted