Reporting to the Director of Patient Care Services, the Shift Manager utilizes the nursing process and organizational/ leadership skills to coordinate services of staff to patients during the designated shift. Assures patient care is appropriate to the age and developmental level of patients served. Assesses staff need for the unit, collaborates with the staffing coordinator, Nurse Director, and Administrative Nursing Supervisor to ensure patients needs are met.
- CA RN License
- BLS certification
- ACLS (Required within 6 months of hire/transfer)
- Successful completion of Cardiac Dysrhythmia Recognition Exam (required within 6 months of hire/transfer).
- Must complete the Chemotherapy and Biotherapy certification within 12 months after eligibility following hire/transfer into the department. (Eligibility is defined as 6 months working experience in an Oncology unit.)
- National Certification by ONS within 24 months of hire or promotion into position.
- Must obtain National Institute of Health Stroke Scale (NIHSS) certification within 6 months of hire or transfer into unit and must maintain thereafter.
- 3+ years of acute care experience.
Primary Location: Modesto, California
Facility: Doctors Medical Center of Modesto
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Nights
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.