ER Registered Nurse
Full Time - Days
Job Summary: Provides professional nursing care within the Emergency Department; coordinates care planning with other disciplines. Provides care that meets the psychosocial, physical and general aspects of care. Determines priorities of care based on physical and psychosocial needs of patients, as well as factors influencing patient flow through the system. Communicates with ED physicians regarding changes in patient's status, symptomatology and results of diagnostic studies. Responds quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment. Clients served are predominately adults and geriatrics, but adolescents/pediatrics and neonate/infants will occasionally be treated.
Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Sunnyvale (located in Sunnyvale, TX) is a 70-bed hospital, serving the community since 2009. This hospital is a comprehensive medical center specializing in cardiovascular care, orthopedics, neurosurgery, urology and general surgery. Baylor Scott & White - Sunnyvale was awarded the 2014 Top Performer on Key Quality Measures ® by The Joint Commission. The Joint Commission's 2015 annual report recognizes Baylor Scott & White - Sunnyvale for attaining and sustaining excellence in Heart Attack, Heart Failure, Pneumonia, Surgical Care, and Perinatal Care.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with three (3) years Registered Nurse experience within the last 48months and 18 months of acute/critical care experience.
- Current State of Texas Registered Nurse license.
- Current BLS Certification.
- Current ACLS Certification.
- PALS or ENPC within 6 months of hire.
- Ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Additional languages preferred.
- Basic computer knowledge.
- Proficient in interpreting EKG.
- For physical demands of position, including vision, hearing, repetitive motion and environment, see following description.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the position without compromising client care.
Primary Location: Sunnyvale, Texas
Facility: Baylor Scott & White Medical Center - Sunnyvale
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.