This position reports to the CNO and has administrative responsibility for the for the Oncology Service Line. The position is focused on the entire continuum of care and acts as a liaison between the Medical Staff, Patient, Administration, Nursing Staff and other disciplines. The Director is responsible for organizing, planning, directing, coordinating, and providing high quality, individualized patient care. These include overseeing the development and implementation of systems for evaluation of clinical competency to the nursing staff, helping to develop and update standards and policies, consultation of the nursing staff for complex nursing issues, providing pertinent continuing education for staff, mentoring of new staff and Performance Improvement activities.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC DUTIES INCLUDE:
• Works with Medical Staff partners to meet performance metrics
• Develop and implement oncology-specific strategic business plan
• Collaborates with marketing to develop an image campaign for the oncology program at LAMC
• Operational oversight and management of the cancer program to include, but not limited to, radiation therapy, outpatient infusion center, patient navigation, tumor boards and accreditation.
• Demonstrates effective and responsible relationships with patients, families, medical director and key physicians, employees, management and administration, and related outside agencies.
• Assures timely follow up of patient, family, staff, and physician concerns.
• Assures effective staff recognition.
• Identifies priority quality improvement and customer satisfaction initiatives.
• Schedules the collection of data for these initiatives, and other ongoing reviews which serve as quality trending. Monitors and reviews the results with department staff on a regular basis.
• Achieves measurable improvement in key quality initiatives, which include both process, e.g., documentation, and outcome measures.
• Achieves measurable improvement in customer service.
• Reports at least annually to the designated hospital quality committee
Founded in 1968 Los Alamitos is a 167-bed, acute-care facility and has been a healthcare partner in Orange County for nearly 50 years. It is a top performer on Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission, among other awards and distinctions. Los Alamitos Medical Center is a Comprehensive Stroke Center
The hospital offers complete cancer care from start to finish.The Total Care Cancer Center offers advanced radiation treatment options. Radiation oncology physician services are provided by board-certified radiation oncologists at UCLA Health. Services offered include treatment for adults, multidisciplinary treatment plans shared between surgical, medical and radiation oncologists, pathologists and radiologists. An imaging center and infusion center. Infusion procedures including chemotherapy are administered by oncology nurses in a comfortable environment, with the latest in advanced techniques designed for safety and comfort.
• Current California RN license
• Master's Degree (MSN, MHA, MBA)
• Five years (5) experience in clinical specialty.
• Current knowledge of the field, with evidence of ongoing continuing education in clinical
• Progressive healthcare experience including at least two years supervisory experience.
• Demonstrated competence as a leader.
• Current American Heart Association BLS
• Oncology certification through ONS
Job: Managers and Directors
Primary Location: Los Alamitos, California
Facility: Los Alamitos Medical Center
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's or employee's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Tenet participates in the E-Verify program. Follow the link below for additional information.