This position will flex across multiple specialties within Emory University's School of Medicine: Surgery Dpt. according to need, including but not limited to Vascular, Transplant, General, etc.
- Coordinates implements and evaluates clinical research trials, studies and projects.
- Provides direction in the development of research protocols.
- Recruits and screens potential study participants, and develops and conducts patient and family education accordingly.
- Oversees financial accounts to ensure operations remain within approved levels.
- Performs patient evaluations, administers medications and research instruments and provides nursing support to perform specialized diagnostic, therapeutic and surgical procedures.
- Makes referrals to in-house or community professionals and serves as clinical resource.
- Collects data, assists in developing data collection systems and compiles reports.
- May provide infusion duties. Assists in writing research grants, publications in medical and nursing literature, study materials, brochures and correspondence.
- Provides direction and may supervise other Research Nurses or other support members. Performs related responsibilities as required.
- Employees in this classification may be required to work with, take specific precautions against and/or be immunized against potentially hazardous agents.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Georgia and three years of related nursing experience.
- Must be credentialed through Emory Healthcare under the category of RN II.
- Candidates must have experience with Emory research policies & procedures
This position will flex across multiple specialties according to need: Vascular, Transplant, General, etc.-Candidates for this position must have experience with Emory research policies & procedures-76187BR