- Provides specialized research support for assigned patient populations in accordance with established research protocols. Performs patient evaluations, administers medications and research instruments and provides nursing support to perform specialized diagnostic, therapeutic and surgical procedures.
- May provide direction in the development of appropriate research protocols. Will work as part of a team to provide continuous programmatic coverage to screen, recruit and enroll patients in acute care related research protocols, many of which will evolve in an urgent/emergent manner.
- Makes referrals to in-house or community professionals and serves as clinical resource and develops and conducts patient and family education, as needed.
- Collects data, assists in developing data collection systems and compiles reports.
- The patient population will largely consist of patients in acute care settings to include surgical ICUs and Emergency Rooms, and patients involved in complex, time sensitive surgical procedures such as organ transplants.
- Work schedule will require call including weekend and night rotations.
- Additional duties will include facilitating protocol adherence, sample/data acquisition and investigational drug administration.
- May assist in writing research grants, publications in medical and nursing literature, study materials, brochures and correspondence
- The work environment will include operating rooms, emergency rooms, intensive care units and other challenging environments, under potentially critical/traumatic situations.
- Able to function independently and maintain composure under stressful situations.
- Employees in this classification may be required to work with, take specific precautions against and/or be immunized against potentially hazardous agents. Performs related duties as required.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Georgia and one year of related nursing experience, preferably in acute care, surgery, transplant or related acute care specialty.
- Must be credentialed through Emory Healthcare under the category of RN II.